Lesson Plan 4: Do I Matter?
Every life matters. In this lesson students will understand what it means to have unconditional significance, and learn how to treat and respect themselves and others as people of value.
Grade level: K - 2
Prep time: 10 min
Lesson Duration: 30 min
- Recognize their own self-worth.
- Identify that just because they are a person makes them valuable.
- Gain an understanding of the fact that even though sometimes they don’t feel like it, they still matter.
- Activate, Acquire, and Apply Activities
- You Matter booklet sheets (Printable)
Reading Comprehension Questions include:
- The first to go and the last. "You matter.” What does this sentence mean?
- Why is it important to know that you matter?
Materials required (not included):
- You Matter by Christian Robinson
- Optional: Blocks (e.g. wooden blocks)
NB: Purchase includes access to downloadable resources for 6 months.