Becoming My Best - Lesson Plan Bundle (4 Lesson Plans)
Personal growth is all about improving how we take care of ourselves and the world around us. This unit will provide students with a foundation to help them become their best selves by teaching them how to live without fear of failure, spread kindness, communicate their needs, and develop healthy habits.
Grades level: K-2
Lesson Plan Durations: 30 mins each
- Lesson Plan 1: Aim at progress, not perfection
- Lesson Plan 2: How can I spread kindness?
- Lesson Plan 3: How can I help others understand me?
- Lesson Plan 4: How can I build good habits?
It is expected that students will:
- Recognize that being good at something does not mean you have to be perfect at it.
- Recognize that their actions affect other people.
- Identify how kindness and unkindness spread.
- Identify ways that we can communicate our feelings to improve a situation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of positive communication.
- Recognize that there are good habits and bad habits.
- All Becoming My Best lesson plans and accompanying printable material
Required Materials (Not Included):
Aim at progress, not perfection
- Ish by Peter H. Reynolds
- Scarves for juggling
- Vase with flowers (fake or real)
- Paper, crayons or pencil crayons
How can I spread kindness?
- Optional: Clay or Play Dough
How can I help others understand me?
- Role play topics/scenarios about communication (details in lesson plan)
How can I build good habits?
- Tape or sticky tac
- Pencil Crayons/Crayons
NB: Purchase includes access to streamable video and downloadable resources for 6 months.