Lesson Plan 2: Eat the Rainbow
Fruits and vegetables are full of important vitamins and minerals. In this lesson, students will get to explore how eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables can be both delicious and nutritious.
Grade level: K - 2
Prep time: 10 min
Lesson duration: 30 min + Optional Extension Activity (10 min)
It is expected that students will:
- Recognize that fruits and vegetables give people energy and help them grow
- Identify a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables
- Demonstrate an understanding of ways to incorporate these colorful carbohydrates into their daily diet
- Activate, Acquire, and Apply Activities
- I Can Eat a Rainbow sheets (Printable)
- If I Were A… sheets (Printable)
- Reading Comprehension Questions include:
- Where do fruits and vegetables come from?
- What are some ways you can include fruits and veggies into meals?
Materials required (not provided)
- My Magical Foods by Becky Cummings (A reading of the book can be found for free on YouTube - link included)
- I Can Eat A Rainbow by Olena Rose (A reading of the book can be found for free on YouTube - link included)
NB: Purchase includes access to downloadable resources for 6 months.